POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escape! WIP (71+30 kbu) : Escape! WIP (71+30 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Escape! WIP (71+30 kbu)
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 3 Oct 2002 19:14:45
Message: <3d9ccf65@news.povray.org>
Hello, folks.

I've just gotten around to creating a scene that I kind of like.  It
started off as an idea inspired by Greg's train-tracks, where I wanted
loads of roads all over the place, and I stumbled across some
algorithms for creating mazes.  I naively Googled  for "maze
algorithm" and was soon myred in Kruskals, Aldus-Broders, the
difference between Bias, Run and River, and other strangeness, and
realised this could go too far!
So I stuck to the first algorithm I found, and build some macros for
POVing it up into an image...

Now I want to add some more poses for my escaping stickmen, and for
some reason I've made their torsos the same colour as the walls, so
they blend in a bit too well...  As you can see my lighting and
textures a bit simplistic, but I might leave them as they are for now.

If anyone's curious about the maze maker, take a peek at my old
website www.sunmaster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/povray (how's that for a
domain name!) where it can be seen in all it's glory.  All the mazes

And if ANYONE suggests I animate the people running around and
escaping, I will throw all my toys out of my pram and scream.  It's
not going to happen.

(btw, thats ~20,000 objects for a 25x25 maze)

--
Mark Hanford
*coming soon*  http://www.hanfordonline.co.uk/povray *coming soon*

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'escape25-640.jpg' (72 KB) Download 'escape25-320.jpg' (30 KB)

Preview of image 'escape25-640.jpg'
escape25-640.jpg

Preview of image 'escape25-320.jpg'
escape25-320.jpg